Summer Home Maintenance Check List
May 27, 2022
Memorial Day Weekend marks the unofficial start of summer! Now is also a great time to get your summer home maintenance completed. Don’t wait until 100-degree temperatures return to get your home ready for summer!
Summer Home Maintenance
- Inspect Windows/Doors. Check for leaks and re-caulk seals on doors and windows to increase your home’s energy efficiency this summer.
- A/C Maintenance. Have a professional come out to check and service your HVAC.
- Service Pool. If you have a pool, check your pool’s chemical balance and make sure all equipment is in proper working order.
- Inspect Home Exterior. Check your foundation for cracks or leaks. Power wash brick to remove dirt, dust and bird droppings. Clean out gutters and downspouts.
- Clean the Dryer Vent and Exhaust Duct. Clogged lint and dust in dryer vents are a fire hazard. Call a professional if needed to assist with the maintenance.
- Inspect Children’s Playground Equipment. If you have a playground or other toys in your backyard, check everything for safety precautions.
- Inspect Fencing. Before the summer storms, now is the time to reinforce and re-stain your fence as needed.
- Replace Wear and Tear. Have old windows or need a new roof? Get started on those repairs before the summer heat and storms set in. Low-E windows or installing new blackout shades can also help keep your home cooler and more efficient.
ArrowBrooke hopes our Summer Home Maintenance Checklist will come in handy as you get your home ready for the summer days ahead.
Situated north of Frisco and the HWY 380 corridor, ArrowBrooke is a 410-acre master-planned community featuring a fabulous lifestyle program and amenities that keep families engaged all summer long. From our two pools and amenity centers to our fishing ponds and soccer fields, there’s something for everyone in our North Texas community.
Connect with ArrowBrooke by visiting our website or contact us today!