Christmas in Dallas-Fort Worth: The Ultimate Guide to Making the Season as Magical as Possible
December 11, 2019
At ArrowBrooke, Dallas-Fort Worth’s premier master-planned community, we believe in a healthy balance of play, work, and relaxation. As the holiday season gets into full swing, we know many families are juggling commitments and long to-do lists. Your child might not remember whether you sent out Christmas cards, or what they got for Christmas. They almost certainly won’t remember whether the house was clean or the lights were symmetrical. But they will remember how Christmas made them feel. Give your child a lifetime’s worth of family memories with these great options for the most wonderful time of the year.
Everyone loves a little sparkle during the holiday season. Take in some stunning light displays or participate in a tree lighting at any of these exceptional picks:
- The Aubrey Hometown Christmas Tree Lighting is one of the best of the season, with glowing lights and plenty of family fun.
- Embrace old-fashioned Christmas revelry at Christmas in the Square, which features lights, special events, and more through the end of the month.
- Check out the holiday tree show and lighting at Klyde Warren Park. While you’re there, enjoy dance lessons, poetry, and other off-beat holiday fun.
Old-Fashioned Christmas Trees
Decorating for Christmas doesn’t have to mean a rushed trip to your local home store while you fight with the kids. Set aside an entire day to get a great tree at a nursery or farm. Here are your best bets:
Festivals aren’t just for warm weather. Enjoy food, crafts, games, and family fun with these spectacular special events:
Can’t get enough Christmas fun? Check out these awesome options:
- Want unique family photos in a festive atmosphere? Then don’t miss the Ho Ho Photo Bus.
- Not every grinch wants to spoil the holiday spirit. Head to Breakfast with the Grinch for cookies, hot cocoa, and more.
- Want some adults-only time? Head to Martin House Brewing Company for holiday-inspired brews and snacks.
- The Dallas Arboretum offers a range of events leading up to the end of the holiday season, including some spectacular light displays.
- Bass Pro Shops sponsors Santa photos all season, as well as kid-friendly crafts and outdoor-themed Christmas festivities.
- Wish you lived in a cooler climate? You can still go ice-skating! Make Panther Island Ice a part of your family’s holiday traditions.
- The holiday season should extend into the New Year. So head down to Dallas City Hall for a spectacular New Year’s celebration, complete with fireworks and music.